This is my go-to scoops of comfort. It’s very delicious and easy to make.
Tomatoes (4), beef steak ~1lb, mushrooms, celery (opt) , garlic, ginger, shallot
- 🍅Wash the mushrooms, cut tamatoes, celery (opt)
- 🧄Cut garlic, ginger, shallot.
- 🥩Cut the steak to thin slices. I used ribeyes, other types will work too. Rinse with cold water a few times to remove blood.
- 🥣Put beef in a bowl, add 1/4 tsb baking soda, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsb corn starch, mix well
- 🍅add oil to a pot, fry the tomatoes to fully cooked, and put it in a bowl to use later.
- 🧄Fry garlic, ginger, shallot, add a bit of the mushrooms, fry for ~1min
- 🍲Add a cup of water, let it boil, then add the cooked tomatoes, add ~3cups of water. Let it boil.
- 🥩Add 1 tbsp oil to the beef, to avoid sticking together. Put the beef slices to the boiling soup, piece by piece. It should only take ~2mins to cook, during this time, add the following:
- 🥗Add the rest of the mushrooms, and celery (if you use).
- 🧂Add salt, sugar, 1tbsp rice wine (or whatever you have, or skip), 1tbsp sesame oil.
A small tip:
If you like to rinse out the blood in the meat more completely, you can use a bit starch to rub the meat and then rinse well.